Sunday, November 24, 2013

Interesting Items

My family decided to search through my grandfather's stuff to find any reason of insanity. We found quite a few things, allow me to go through them.

1: An poster advertising the war movement and how you should join featuring a beautiful woman on the front. On the back, my grandfather (I'm guessing) had written in pencil "ITS THE LADYS FAULT." Also, this is the only item really relating to my grandfather.

2: The other items seem to be owned by or related to a Edmond Clarke. First is a telegram to Mr. Clarke telling him to reconsider enlisting and help at his family's dry goods business and promising extra pay. It was sent June 24, 1916.

3: A paper with Mr.Clarke's signature stating that he is in a hospital. Signed September 18, 1916.

4: A stack of letters wrapped in a bow. While Mr. Clarke is likely dead, it still doesn't feel right to look at a man's mail.

5: A map of the 1915-1916 Western Front. A part is slightly torn and almost looks intentional.

I don't know why my grandfather has the stuff from Mr. Clarke. If it was a gun or something I would understand, but we have a telegram to Clarke, what you could say is a hospital record, and a stack of letters to Clarke or from him to his family. I will eventually go through the letters. First, I'm going to ask my grandfather, which I hope won't stress him too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment